Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things I'm Thankful For

  • I'm thankful for Battery Tenders. With 30 odd bikes on the premises there is never a time when all the batteries are properly charged.
  • I'm thankful for Sta-Bil which fights the good, but ultimately futile, fight against the crappy gas the greenies foist off on us. (Remember how MTBE was going to save the world until we found out that it was giving us cancer?)
  • I'm thankful that Honda and other manufacturers still support old bikes with parts. Fewer every year but I can still go to my dealer and get parts for 40 year old bikes.
  • I'm thankful that there are sill businesses that put ethics above profit. The two are not mutually exclusive despite the recent events in the world. Burt Ives Honda, Jerry Woods, and B&H Photo come to mind.
  • I'm thankful that roads like US50 still exist and haven't been transmogrified into the pablum of freeways with chain restaurants to serve up the Soylent Green.
  • I'm thankful for the friends that share my joy of riding. I've never been so cold, wet, and tired that there wasn't still a smile on my face. It only gets better when it's shared with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment