Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bettencourt Auction Report

Can you say crazy!? Over 1000 registered bidders and every one of them had at least one friend with them. What a mob scene. And one little hot dog stand with two people working in it. They were joking that they almost didn't come because they weren't sure that there would be enough people to make it worthwhile.

This picture was from 8:30 in the morning, 2 1/2 hours before the bidding started. It was the last time I was actually able to see the bikes for all the people standing in the way. I ran into a lot of people I knew there, some I haven't seen in a long time. Several others were there that I never got to see in the whirl and swirl of the crowds.




There were more than 250 bikes on auction, some great, some trash, but mostly good rideable bikes. Jerry Wood did his best to keep things moving along but it was still slow going and he was only 2/3rds through the lis when I bailed and went home. I came close to buying a couple of bikes but was outbid in each case. Some of the bikes were bargains but most were going for at or more than market value. Good deal for Dave Bettencourt. Well, more money left over for the LSR bike!

Not that I came home empty handed. George brought down this tasty Yetman 305 that I had bought from him last summer. Pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment