Saturday, January 16, 2021

Day 60 - Birthday

It's my birthday and I have to admit that I'm now closer to 60 than I am to 20. To be honest that condition has existed for a couple of years. I don't mind getting older, I just don't want to get old!

The common wisdom is that you don't stop riding motorcycles because you get old, you get old because you stopped riding motorcycles. Remember to cancel your turn signals after getting around the corner.

I took the neighborhood kids to the town swimming pool which is always fun for all. Afterwards, they provided a present plus treats for us to celebrate. As they were packing up and getting read to leave, Dude, who is 5 years old, handed me a package of Ding Dongs. Then, with the utmost solemnity that only a 5 year old can muster, he handed me another one and said, “Here, you should have two. It's your birthday.”

I'm looking at one of the new Honda Trail bikes. I'll sell my Yamaha Vino motor scooter and buy the trail bike. It's faster and more versatile although I don't see myself going around the world on it. 

The only thing holding me back is finding a milk crate for the back. I don't understand why Honda doesn't make them standard with a couple of bungee-cords. Another one of the mysteries of the Universe.


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment