Monday, January 11, 2021

Day 55 - Books

I enjoy books because I'm old fashioned and like the feel and weight of them in my hands as I read. I prefer them to starring at screens with megablobs of glowing pixels. I spend too much of my time doing that every day.

I buy used books not because I want to save the world by recycling but because I'm cheap. There is an added bonus to used books, the messages:

Dear Bonnie,
May you come to love this book as much as I have.
    Nancy – May 22, 1968

A micro mystery. Who was Bonnie? Who was Nancy? Were they lovers or only friends? Curious for a book of sentimental poetry.

One page has a mark -

Thank you for the sun you brought this morning
even though the sky was full of clouds.
And thank you for the way
you held me yesterday
and steered me through the noisy Paris crowds.

A careless ink smudge? or a note of something more? The mystery goes on 

From Listen to the Warm by Rod McKuen


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment