Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Day 56 - Photos

San Francisco from Yerba Buena Island with my Brownie Instamatic

A new computer means that everything is a total disaster for at least the first month. If you don't want a cookie cutter setup according to the whims of the gods you are screwed!

If you don't want MS Office you must be an idiot so we'll install it anyway. Want to organize your files? We have a helpful wizard that will do it just the way we like. We'll even ask you endless questions to pretend to care about what you want.
Then we'll do it our way.

I keep all of my pictures on my local drive. Google almost demands that I store them in their cloud if I want to view them conveniently. I compromise by keeping them in both places plus my local backup drive.

These photos go back to the old San Francisco days and I've got them cataloged just the way I want them. Google wants me to put them into albums that I can share with my friends.

I don't have any friends. I don't do social media unless you want to count this blog. I send emails to specific people when I have something specific to share. I don't do cutesy cat pictures.

To get even Google Photos is now duplicating every picture on my hard drive which is about 600 megabytes at last count. This will take about an hour after which I will spend several hours deleting the duplicates and taking back control of my system.

I think this is the last computer I will every buy. Until the next one … 


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment