Sunday, January 24, 2021

Day 68 - More Stuff

The best way to find something you've misplaced is to buy another one. The moment you have two of them the first one will reappear.

The best way to make sure you can't find something is to put it somewhere you can't possibly forget. You'll never see it again until you buy another one.

Getting ready for my camping trip I find that I have seven different cook sets all alike. A couple are different sizes for backpacking or car camping. One is still in the original unopened box and is exactly the same as another set.

I have a pocket stove, a multi-fuel stove, two canister stoves, and a two burner stove. Plus, fire starter in case I want to cook over an open wood fire.

Three sleeping bags with pads and mattresses. Four tents from a small one that fits on the back of my motorcycle to one that has separate rooms for lounging and sleeping.

Water bottles in every color, shape, material, and size you can imagine. Also collapsible water jugs in case I need to carry water from a stream. Only one water filter though.

Waterproof dry bags in multiple sizes from small 10 liter to just plain HUGE! Straps to hold it all together in every size, color, and material.

Where did all this stuff come from? I admit to being a gear junkie but this is a little silly. Having gotten it all out and sorted I think it's time to reduce the herd. I'm sure the kids in the neighborhood would be happy to get some of this for their next overnighter.

And then I'll have room to go buy more!


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment