Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Day 64 - AKodaPhobia

It's easy to be sentimental about things that never were. Not that they didn't happen, just that perhaps they may not have happened quite the way I'd like to remember them.


I used my student loan to buy a Pentax 35mm camera one year. I was quite shy and hid behind the lens to cover my social ineptitude. Roll after roll, offering the prints to others as a form of introduction and admission. I had my own personal phobia, AKODAPHOBIA, the fear of running out of film. I carried my camera and extra film wherever I went.

People would tell me, “Don't take my picture.” Later, it would be, “Oh look there's Dave and Catherine. Is there any of me?”

Now I look back at those photos and think about the parties and picnics, the hours in the student union. Were we really that young and carefree?

I have the photos, my memory is still good, was it really as great as they portray?

Andy, Laura, Nancy

Maybe they were


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Day 64 already. I'm enjoying these and you're inspiring me to dig out some of my old photos.

    ReplyDelete