Monday, December 7, 2009

Motorcycle Electrics - Everything you ever wanted to know about it



Following the success of the Carburetor Manual posting a couple of weeks ago, I've scanned in the Honda Electrical Systems manual. You will find it here:

http://www.cb77.org/HondaManuals/Electrical/ElectricalManual.pdf

It contains everything about motorcycle charging systems, ignition systems, and trouble shooting. Using this you should be able to understand and diagnose any problem with any system.

Warning: This is a HUGE file and may take some time to download if you have a slow system. If everyone hits it immediately it may drag my server down to a snail's pace so be patient. Starting the download before going to bed may be a plan.

Next I'll go look for the Vincent Owners Group discussion of Lucas Electrics, the Prince of Darkness.
.

3 comments:

  1. Every Lucas mechanic needs one if these...

    http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father always told me electricity was like water. For a plumber, it probably made sense to talk about it that way. Now I can read it as translated from Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This couldn't have come at a better time. I owe you a beer- go buy yourself one and send me the bill!

    ReplyDelete