Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Day After The Crash

Digital, not vehicle.

I'm working on my old laptop and the backups I made. My hard drive crashed and it's in the shop. I'm hoping to get word tomorrow but I'm sure that all my work is gone and I'll be relying on backups for my information. The good news is that I have backups. The bad news is that they are not as complete as I thought. More on this later when I get more news.

In the mean time here is how the Germans park their cars in Munich.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the crash, that really bites.
    Hope your data recovery goes better than you hoped.

    Japanese park that way as well. They also have rectangular systems that pick and pull like the part bin retrieval systems for warehouse storage systems.
    How many stories tall is that parking structure and what kind of capacity?
    More efficient system design than what we use in America.

    David M

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Tom's Hardware has a pictorial...
    If it is under warranty, then let them. Apple Mac laptops have some fiddly bits securing the drive that you can break if you aren't patient with them...
    (At least my old Powerbook G4 PowerPC processor design does...)

    http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/527-hdd-laptop-upgrade.html

    David

    ReplyDelete