Saturday, December 26, 2020

Day 39 - Rear View Mirror

One of my favorite sayings is, “There is a reason that the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror.”

Some friends are planning a trip that they did a few years ago. Getting up there in years, they want to do it again as a Last Hurrah trip. They invited me along but after thinking it over I'm going to decline.

The trip sounds fascinating, and the people are great, but trying to recapture or relive faded glory doesn't really interest me. I can foresee a lot of “remember when” moments that I won't have any recollection of. The wonder of discovery will be lost and all serendipity extinct.

I think I'll join them for a couple of days as they pass through Colorado. It's always good to see old friends. However, I think I'll stick with my plans to go to Baja and see what new adventures I can find on my own. I prefer looking ahead to gazing at the past.

Another favorite is, “If you go real fast, you'll get there before you have an accident!”


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment