Friday, October 15, 2010

Wooden I Love A Vespa


If you read the current motorcycle press you would be forgiven for thinking that the only creative thinking on two wheels is the bobber and the cafe bike. Frankly, they are not that original any more. Sure, it's great that people are doing some real custom work rather than just bolting on some more chrome from a catalog. But, be honest, when was the last time you saw one that really made your heart skip a beat?


I found this article in Wired magazine of all places. Daniela is Vespa replica built entirely of wood by a custom furniture maker. No showroom queen this one, it's ride-able! I can't imagine what one of these would cost but it's something that I would definitely put my own money down for if I had enough. This would be a total show stopper wherever it went.

Read the article and watch the video at the end. You can keep the Ducati, I'll take Daniela.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment