Thursday, October 15, 2009

How the mighty have fallen

I guess attitude isn't everything, or at least not enough to stay afloat in today's economy. Today's Wall Street Journal reports:
Harley-Davidson Inc.'s third-quarter earnings dropped 84%, as the motorcycle maker continued to suffer from weak sales during the economic downturn.
The company also said it will discontinue its Buell product line and divest itself of its MV Agusta unit as part of its turnaround strategy.
I have long said that HD needed to start making motorcycles again and stop making cartoons on two wheels. The XR1200 is the only new product that is actually rideable. All the other new bikes seem to be parts bin creations created for the wanna-be crowd.

Too bad Erik's bikes are going down with the rest of them. At least he went out with a Blast. Check out the videos in the last Buell Blast ad.

Here's a link to a SuperBikePlanet report.

-

1 comment:

  1. I think the Road King rocks and would love one but not as much as my RT. That said I agree on most of the rest of their bikes and have been meaning to test ride an XR1200 as it might amuse me as a track bike if reliable.

    ReplyDelete