Friday, December 3, 2010

What I Listen To

Back home with the help of a lot of friends who relayed me from one point to another. Thanks to all!

I'm sorting through the 2,000+ images I brought home with me. Everyone shared with me so that I could create a Best Of collection for the trip. I'll get these posted in a couple of days.

In the mean time I thought I'd share some of the internet radio stations I listen to as I work.

Jazz


WKCR - from Columbia University in NYC. 

KKJZ - From - Cal State Univ at Long Beach

KJAZ - The original San Francisco station is off the air but now functions as an internet station on a somewhat erratic schedule.

Alt-Country


KGSR - Austin Texas at it's best

KPIG - San Francisco eclectic

News - It's amazing what you can learn when you get away from mainstream U.S. media!


BBC - For an outside view of world news

Deutsche Welle - German station (in English) for a European view point.

WBUR - Slanted to the left but the best all around NPR news station - Note: I still protest the firing of Juan Williams!



Got internet favorites of your own? Leave them below in the comments.
.

Need a web programmer?

2 comments:

  1. KEXP Seattle is great. You can listen via Web here: http://kexp.org/.
    They also play it for a few hours in the morning on 91.5 in the NYC area.

    88.3 WBGO is a Newark jazz station http://www.wbgo.org/. Also great.

    There is also Fordham Radio 90.7 http://www.wfuv.org/. Alternate Side at night plays chill, weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WFMU has some great shows. it may be wierd at times but, you'll never be wanting for variety

    ReplyDelete