Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trip Planning to Bonneville

Mapping out the route to Bonneville is pretty simple. Get on I-80 and keep going! My mapping software put it in plain terms, "At IA/NE border go straight for 929.86 miles." Then there was a slight change before continuing for another few hundred miles.

The route back will be a bit more relaxed. I'm going to be heading south through some of the most beautiful areas in the U.S. If you haven't seen it, check out the slide show of my cross-country trip to see the wonders of the Moab area. From there I'll be touring through the Colorado Rockies and especially Independence Pass. With all due respect to the Stelvio Pass in the Alps this has got it beat hands down. Especially if you're on a motorcycle and like a bit of spirited riding. Breathtaking views combined with a road that has heart stopping climbing and descending turns. Bring a strong engine and stronger brakes (and clean underwear just in case)!

After visiting a friend in Colorado Springs it will be a slab dash to get home. I'll be posting pictures from along the route there and back. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment