Monday, June 21, 2010

Women on the loose

OK, women can race against men, and win. I can deal with that. Now the manly art of dual-sport adventure riding is being invaded.
The Perfect Vehicle: What It is about Motorcycles
First, there was Melissa and The Perfect Vehicle. Admittedly a great read and a wonderful introduction to motorcycles for anyone that was interested in starting with bikes.
Lois on the Loose: One Woman, One Motorcycle, 20,000 Miles Across the Americas
Then there was Lois and her trip from Alaska to South America. More guts than most men and certainly a lot better looking than most. I loved her way of dealing with the women and the "damaged" rear view mirror.

Now this just in from NYC. Emma goes wild!? Check out the blog of her trip.
From: emma fry <fry.emma@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Random bike stuff/sales
To: bikes@worksengineering.com


Hi,

I recently came across somebody whilst doing the touristy thing in
Manhattan that told me about the workshop and bar matchless so here I
am!! To make a really long story shorter, I am from the U.K and have
just come to the end of a long bike trip, I rode my motorbike from
Guatemala to New York, wicked trip but I'll be returning to Europe
soon. I am now looking to sell my bike and any serious offer would be
considered, the bike is a Honda 200cc CTX Bushlander, 2006, just under
10,000miles on the clock, good condition, its a duel purpose machine,
will take you around the city or up the side of a mountain and no, you
won't have seen them in the U.S, I don't think they ever got up here,
the nearest bike I would compare this to would be the Kawasaki KLR
250cc, very similar. I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction
on bike sales. I love the racing bike pictures on the website, I have
already forwarded the site to my friends back in the U.K!!

If you do have any information, it would be gratefully received and
pictures of the bike can be found on my blog
http://www.mytripjournal.com/motoita, there are loads of photos should
anybody be interested!!

Cheers

Emma
I think I need to re-read my copy of Jupiter's Travels and Mondo Enduro to re-assure myself that guys can still keep up with the women. What next? Will I have to start washing my sox when I camp out for the night instead of just riding through a river to get cleaned up?
Jupiters Travels: Four Years Around the World on a Triumph Mondo Enduro: Around the World Adventure on Two Wheels 41 Countries in 405 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment