Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Used Tools

We all need tools and we also need to save money. Not every tool needs to be a Snap-On or Motion Pro tool. MikesXS has a very large selection of tools for Yamaha XS and for motorcycles in general. I've bought several of them and have always been pleased. My experience is that they are the same as Motion Pro without the MP label and at half the price. Please don't get me wrong, MP has a lot of great stuff, it's just that MikesXS often has exactly the same thing for a lot less money.


This right angle snap-ring tool is perfect for working on brake master cylinders and other hard to reach places. I've had mine for a few years and it's still going strong.


This fork oil level tool is exactly the same as the Motion Pro tool I bought for twice Mike's price.

Same for this clutch tool. If you don't have one of these you will wish you did one day. Very costly when you use the wrong tool for what this does. Ask me how I know.

This is the one I'm ordering today. I won't use it often but it will be the difference between an easy job and a lot of bad words and possible bent rod.

MikesXS Tools and Parts also has a lot of general purpose parts like the pinch rings around the fuel lines and proper electrical connectors. It's worth a few minutes to search around the site to find the odd part that you need.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment