Sunday, February 28, 2021

Day 91 - Shop

What is old is new again. In my case what is old may still be hanging around.


These are my old tool boxes. The little one on the ground is the first one I bought use when I got my first mechanic job at Weymouth Honda. The picture is from 22 June 1977 in San Diego.


Same toolbox 44 years later filled with the original Snap-On tools I bought back when I started. Close inspection reveals the same decals plus many years of grease and grime.


These are the new tool boxes I bought to replace the big ones in the previous picture. The originals went to my brother who was starting out as a diesel mechanic and needed some  tools work with. I kept my original wrenches and all the motorcycle special tools but gave him the rest. What are brothers for?


This is the workbench my dad made for me when I was 10 or 11. He kept it while I wandered the world. I was happy to find that he had saved it and brought it home in the back of my truck.


A Honda Interceptor 750 on my lift. Once you have a lift you will never go back! For you readers in California and Arizona, that weird red and black mechanism to the left is a snow blower. No reason for you to know that!


This is Beth's half of the garage. Her own tool boxes, her own workbench, and her own lift. She does most of her own work with some help from me on occasion. She just replaced the brake lines on the Hawk GT with braided stainless steel lines. I was allowed to pump the lever while she bled the brakes. That's one of her two Ducatis in the background, a 900 SS LE. She has 9 bikes in all if you count the race bikes and Bonneville LSR bike.

You know those t-shirts that say, “If you can read this, the bitch fell off!”? Beth has one that says, “If you can read this, the bitch just passed you!”


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment