Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Day 2 - The Book

Sitting down this morning I wrote ~250 words on the merits and limitations of a Vino 125 motor scooter for an internet forum. Good, but not what this writing challenge is intended for.

I am proposing to write an educational tech book. The premise is that most books teach in isolation. As if any real world technology was an island unto itself.

There are plenty of books to teach the Angular framework. They help you setup the environment and show you how to write Hello World to the console. Which is very nice if you think there are any jobs for Hello World writers.

The real world demands that you write your program, write tests for your program, and integrate it with the work of others. You have to keep a record of your work in progress, check the work of others, and attend a daily meeting where you explain your work. If all you have been concentrating on are the basics, your first day on the job will be like trying to take a sip from a fire hose!

I've never found a book that brings it all together for the reader. Time will tell if I accomplish this but I'm going to give it my best shot!



Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts on PCH reminds my of my trip south from LA that I took through Central California. I'd ridden a CB750K0 out from Indiana to LA. Then down to Carmel. That's another story. - Ellis

    ReplyDelete