Friday, May 10, 2019

DMT - Day minus 1 - I get by with a little help from my friends

Friend #1 - Jaram

The Happy Trail frame didn't match the gas can holder and I need a last minute welding job. Jaram at Russell Welding is a fellow biker and understood the urgency. Dropped the frame off at 10am and got a call at 3pm that he had fabbed a new plate and welded it to the frame.

Friend #2 - Maureen

I had gone up to the RotoPax warehouse to pickup the gas cans last Tuesday but when I got home I found they didn't fit. Back to RotoPax today and Maureen took the time to exchange the one I had and show me a better way to mount it so it fit the Happy Trail frame. Gave me a RotoPax water bottle too so the I wouldn't get too thirsty.

All the preparations have been manic and stressful but people like this, who go out of their way to be helpful, make it seem like a world I want to live in. I should have taken their pictures to properly recognize their efforts.

Thank You So Much!

Here's what a RotoPax gas can looks like:

1.25 gallons of gas for an extra 50 miles

This the Happy Trail pannier frame with the RotoPax mount


This is how they fit together.


And this is how they look on the back of the bike. Pretty tidy!


Still with me? Here's Erika and Jason. The other 2/3rds of the Death March Tour. As you can see, packing is in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment