Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Thoughts

I came across this on my computer while looking for something else. I don't know if I wrote it or copied it from somewhere else. I'd like to think I was this eloquent but I can't be sure. Either way the words still ring true.




I could drown in the dew on my face.

I live in a desert

A drop is like a pool
A cup is like a river
The dew on my face would be like an ocean but I have never experienced either

I would leave but I know no way out.


Waking

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere anytime
than in the middle of someplace.

I'd rather be uncomfortable in a place that had wonder
than wonder about someplace that was comfortable.

If it was warm, and comfortable, and easy
there would be a thousand gerbils to mess things up.


Steps

The first step is the hardest.
No, maybe it is the 12th, or the 27th.

With the first step you have resolve
And with the second you have determination.
The fourth and fifth you greet with elation.

By the ninth you have momentum,
It all looks so good.

But then there is some little glitch,
A reason to break your stride.

A crack in that first resolve,
A waver in your determination,
A loss of confidence.
A beginning of the slide.

You whip up your courage,
And take another step.
But it's no good.
You've broken your stride

It began so well when you said,
I will throw a pebble into the river every day

You were doomed when you said,
I am in a hurry (or was it too tired )
I will throw in two tomorrow


14 Oct 2004


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment