Sunday, January 7, 2018

Getting ready for the next one


My friends Kevin and Diane want to bicycle the White Rim Trail in March and I've offered to use my pickup as the support vehicle. Why anyone would want to pedal when you can just twist a throttle is beyond me but they are good friends so I'll just smile when they complain about blisters.

We are planning on a 3 day trip which means camping out under the stars and eating trail food. There are no stores once we leave Moab so we will need to bring everything we need. I decided to start the prep this morning by getting out the camp stove and making breakfast on it.

The stove worked perfectly and the pancakes were delightful. I admit that I didn't perk my own coffee but I usually just boil water and use Cafe Bustelo instant when I'm on the road. Much less gear and mess to deal with. An important detail when you're on a motorcycle instead of a 1 ton, long bed pickup


The truck, minus the trailer, will carry the bicycles, spare parts, and gear. I'll just follow along and take pictures while they work up a sweat. And cook pancakes ...


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment