Tuesday, April 14, 2015

First Ride Of The Season

After a depressingly cold and snowy winter the sun has finally appeared and turned the snow banks into bike friendly mud.


Bob, Dave, and I did a pre-ride of the Pachaug Big Bike/Adventure Loop on Sunday and had a blast! Dave was on a XR650L, Bob on a DRZ400, and I rode my ATK 605. This is in preparation for publishing the loop route sheet for the NETRA BB/A Series.


I was happily surprised that there was not as much mud on the trails as I had expected. On the other hand there was some snow on the ground next to the trail in a couple of places. One puddle had mini-icebergs floating in it!

Those pesky electrons!
The sunny, 60F weather was perfect for riding and we kept up a good pace. Best of all, no injuries and no major breakdowns. My main fuse blew but it was quickly replaced and no other problems were experienced.

Dave, going up the hill!
We're doing it again this Saturday. Be There or Be Square!

Reminder: Don't forget about Jap Bike Mike's Swap Meet on Sunday the 19th!

Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment