Monday, March 21, 2016

Getting Ready To Ride

I woke up on Saturday with a wonderful feeling, No Chores That Must Be Done Today! Lots of things that Should be done but nothing that was Make It or Break It. What a great moment!

So I decided that it was time to pay attention to the motorcycles. It has been getting warmer by the day and that restless feeling was starting to make itself known.

I hopped into the truck with a hand full of Harbor Freight coupons and came home with a new Motorcycle lift ($299), a tiny air compressor ($39), and some miscellaneous odds and ends. When I got home it didn't take long to sweep out the dirt and leaves, move the toolbox, and get the Miata backed out. 

Unloading the 350 lb lift was a minor challenge. I backed the truck into the garage and slid the box containing the lift out until it tilted down to the ground. Then I piled up a couple of boxes under it and drove the truck forward. The collapsing boxes broke the fall of the lift as it dropped off the tailgate. Piece of cake.


This is what it looked like when I was done. The Africa twin is up on the lift as it is going to get a valve job. I've got the Transalp and NX250 to ride until that's done. Such a tough life.


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment