Sunday, March 17, 2019

DMT - Day minus 54 - Duhh

It's the little things that kill you. Small details that get overlooked and then bite you in the butt. A good case in point is my passport.



I was applying for a SENTRI pass which would get me into the fast lane at the border. I already have a Trusted Traveler number which gets me into the TSA Pre lane but this is apparently something slightly different.

A few more dollars so that I don't sit in an interminable line in the hot sun like I did when returning from my last trip to Mexico. I'm assuming it will be even worse with all of the immigrants trying to flood across the border.

Name, date of birth, color of eyes, all the standard stuff. Blah, blah, blah, ... Until I get to the method of verification.

No problem. I get out my passport and as I scan down the page for the number I notice one small detail that I had overlooked.

Date of expiration: 02 Jul 2018

Not Good - Not Good At All!

My ToDo list (I use Google Keep which is excellent if you are an Android person) is now topped with "Renew Passport"

It's the little things like this that would put me in line with Juan and Consuela applying for entry into the United States. On the plus side, maybe they could help me improve my Spanish.


Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment