Sunday, March 31, 2019

DMT - Day minus 40 - Spring time filled with anticipation

These are home made churros which are linear donuts coated with sugar and cinnamon. These are really good and remind me of the ones I got from a street vendor in Baja on the trip with Marty. After the first one I was hooked and immediately had 3 more!


The bikes are all set to come out of winter hibernation. There is energy massing in their engines and wheels that I can feel as I walk amongst them. I whisper, "Be patient, soon we will go out to play. I haven't forgotten you." They grumble as they shake off the winter cold.


Even the Taco and trailer are ready for the trip. We have decided to trailer the bikes from Tooele to Beatty, NV. It is a long, hot, boring ride across desolate territory. We will have more than enough riding on this trip to forgo this tedious slab of blacktop. 

The plan is to drive to Beatty, spend the night in a motel, and leave the Taco. On the way back we will reverse the plan and ride home in air conditioned comfort while preparing our tales of daring do for all to hear. 

Assuming that we make it, that is ...




Make my day, tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment