Friday, April 19, 2019

DMT - Day minus 21 - Frustration - Part 3

While waiting for Godot, my new helmet, a Bell MX-9, arrived today thanks to Marty at 4into1.com 


Old helmets are great nostalgia pieces but more than a couple of years old and they should be replaced. The crushable liner that cushions the impact gets wonky and the shell gets brittle. This is known as The Bad Plan.

My new one has the latest MIPS technology which means that it will take a glancing hit and keep my head from cork screwing off the top of my neck. You can read about it here.


As you can see it has a larger viewport and plenty of vents. Just what I want in the desert.


And a small reminder to ride with respect.

Now, if only I had a bike to put under it ...


Make my day, subscribe and tell a friend about this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment