Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Used Gear - Camera Bag

Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras (Black with Green Accent)


I have had dozens of camera bags in my life. Cheap ones, expensive ones, Pro ones and they have all left me cold. Mainly they were all shoulder bags with various harnesses to keep them close to the body and not flop around. Every one of them still flopped, fell off my shoulder, or twisted around. The ones that protected my gear were too heavy, the ones that were light left my gear vulnerable. And then a friend showed me his Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG .  This what I used on the Bonneville trip and I was very pleased. The backpack design meant no flopping, no twisting, and left my hands free. I held my DSLR, 4 lenses (including a very large 100-400mm zoom), and all the other filters, chargers, and gear that I need for an extended trip.

It's well padded and shrugged off all the abuse of the trip while protecting the equipment inside. $42 with free shipping from Amazon made it a real steal. Highly recommended!

Tamrac 5273 Expedition 3 Photo Backpack (Rust)


If you need something a little smaller, this month's issue of Pop Photo suggests the Tamrac Expedition 3 Photo Backpack . The Canon backpack is only book bag size but could be overkill if you only have a body and a couple of lenses.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment